Joy in Scripture

Joy is a choice given to us each to chose to receive or not to receive. Christ is always there waiting to give us His perspective and wisdom in any situation so that we may find joy. Below are Scripture verses that give us some hope and encouragement in the way He abundantly provides us with joy. 

Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Psalm 16:11 – You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 19:8 – The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 28:7 – The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 30:11 – You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.

Psalm 51:12 – Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 94:19 – When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Acts 14:17 – He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.

Romans 12:12 –Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

His joy comes in the form of:

Protection
Direction on the right path
Commandment for conduct
Strength
Removal of anxiety
His provisions for our daily needs

No matter what your day brings to you today, look to Him for joy. Pray these Bible verses over the needs you have today and then pay attention to what He gives you. Jesus was sent by God with intention to be a joy and a delight. Allow Him to be that in your life. Open your hearts and your awareness of His presence by choosing to see your day through His perspective and receive the joy He has intended. 

Grace and Peace,

LeAnn Jones

Comments

Popular Posts