Lent Day 31


Romans 14:17
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.

God’s kingdom is centered on the gifts of righteousness, peace and joy.  These gifts are freely given to us from the Holy Spirit through the many ways He intervenes in our lives. To understand Him, who He is, how He works, why He does what He does, allows us to live a fuller, deeper, richer life in Christ.  He is God living inside of us who are believers.  He will work in us until death to conform us into the image of Christ.  The more we rely on Him, the more we are transformed and live the life of righteousness, peace and joy God intends for us to live.   In order to rely on Him, we have to know Him and what He does.  Here are some attributes of the Holy Spirit to help us remember who we have received and what role He plays in our lives.

We receive the Holy Spirit the moment we receive Christ through faith
Ephesians 1:13-14
When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

He is our Helper
John 14:15-17
If you love me, keep my commandments. I will ask the Father to give you another Helper, to be with you always. He is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor recognizes him. But you recognize him, because he lives with you and will be in you.

 John 14:26
 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything that I have told you.

He gives us wisdom
Isaiah 11:2
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.

He gives us guidance
Romans 8:14
For all who are led by God’s Spirit are God’s children.

He convicts us of our sin
John 16:7-11
But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

He gives us what we need to transform ourselves into the image of God.
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

He is omnipresent, we cannot escape Him
Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I flee from your spirit? Or where will I run from your presence? If I rise to heaven, there you are! If I lay down with the dead, there you are! If I take wings with the dawn and settle down on the western horizon your hand will guide me there, too, while your right hand keeps a firm grip on me.

He gives us power
Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.

A life filled with the Holy Spirit is a life fully supported to maintain the works of God.  There is nothing more we need.  Thanks be to God.

Peace and Love,

LeAnn



Comments

Popular Posts