Lent Day 26


John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you,
the only true God, and Jesus Christ,
whom you have sent.


My friend , Krista  Skeen and I went to a Casting Crowns concert last week.  Days before the concert I was listening to their new album, Only Jesus, non stop to learn the songs.  The title song stuck in my head and I have been thinking about it ever since.  The song begins talking about the worlds expectation to make a name for yourself, to work hard, gain more, become known and make a name others will remember. 

Make it count, leave a mark, build a name for yourself
Dream your dreams, chase your heart, above all else
Make a name the world remembers

The second verse changes to the realization the world will leave us empty and our focus should be Jesus.

But all an empty world can sell is empty dreams
I got lost in the light but it was up to me
To make a name the world remembers
But Jesus is the only name to remember

 During the concert the lead singer explained He had come to realize, His name was not the name to remember.  That if he had an opportunity to talk with someone for an hour, 30 mins, or just 4 minutes the name he wanted that person to walk away with was Jesus.  The legacy he wants to leave behind is Jesus, not himself.  I can’t get this song out of my mind, thinking of how hard we all work to be recognized, to help us feel important, respected, worthy of others.  We allow the lies of the world to get into our head and tell us to live for ourselves, build ourselves up, reach for what the world thinks is important, money, status, fame, recognition.   But all along we’re chasing empty dreams,  Jesus is what is most important.   His name is the name to remember. 

All the kingdoms built, all the trophies won
Will crumble into dust when it's said and done
'Cause all that really matters
Did I live the truth to the ones I love?
Was my life the proof that there is only One
Whose name will last forever?


They ended the concert singing a song that told the gospel.  I cannot remember the name of the song but remember thinking as they were singing they were pointing us to Jesus and focusing our thoughts on Him and not Casting Crown, before we left.  Then they sang this verse from Only Jesus.  They made sure we didn’t miss the point that Casting Crown was not the star of the night.  They left the stage leaving us with only one name to remember.  

I… I don't want to leave a legacy
I don't care if they remember me
Only Jesus

Jesus…The most important name to remember, to pass on, to talk about, to live for, to remind others of in everything we do.  Our lives should be such a reflection of His ways, that when we leave, others will remember Him. 

Peace and Love,

LeAnn

Comments

Popular Posts