Lent Day 18


As I was trying to write this morning I heard God say, "put away your book and write what I give you."  What follows are the words I heard Him say to me this morning.  They are such beautiful words to me for comfort.  But it is not for me alone.   It is a beautiful invitation to all of us to open our lives to Him and receive the most precious gift ever given for us.  The gift of love, a life filled with wisdom, truth and direction and a guaranteed hope of eternal life.  I hope you will take a few minutes this morning and spend time in these words and hear His calling to you. 


Do you believe in Me?  Do you believe in my Son’s sacrifice?  Do you believe He died on the cross?  I love you all more than you can ever imagine.  As you ache for your children, I ache for you.  When you are struggling my heart aches for you.  I reach out my hand to help you, to guide you to love you, but you turn away into your own thoughts, your own control, your own way.   I cannot make it any easier for you to come to me and receive all that I want for you.  Come and sit with me, read my word, listen for my voice, feel the urging I place on your heart.   I will not, cannot lead you astray.   I have such an abundant life waiting for you. Abundance looks different in my ways but it is so much greater than the abundance of a worldly mind.  Come to me my child.   I want to share my love with you through good and bad.   I want to share joy and heartache with you.  I want to teach you, share with you my wisdom so you will persevere in the expectant life I have for you. 
Come and sit with me.  Allow me to mold your thoughts into mine and cover you with my goodness, my grace, my mercy.   Spend time with me.  I know what you are going through.  I know all of the circumstances around what you are going through.  Give that to me and allow me to show you my way.  My way is perfect, my way is truth, my way is love.   Come to me. Spend time with me, share me with each other, show me through your words, through the things you do for each other.  Allow Me to fill you with my love, so you can love others. 

Come to me, sit with me, spend time with me.  

Comments

Popular Posts